More victims come forward against Bolt driver accused of r@pe. A suspended Bolt driver accused of rape is expected to face more charges after more complainants came forward, the National Prosecuting Authority (NPA) confirmed on Tuesday.

The 25-year-old male suspect – who can not be named at this stage – made a brief appearance before the Randburg Magistrate’s Court following his arrest last month on charges of kidnapping, rape, and robbery with aggravating circumstances.
The NPA’s regional spokesperson Phindi Mjonondwane said four more charges of rape were expected to be added to his charge sheet after two more complainants came forward.
“We can confirm, as the NPA, that two more complainants came forward, and therefore we anticipate four more charges to be added to the current charge sheet,” Mjonondwane said, speaking to the media outside court.
The man currently faces two counts of rape, two of kidnapping, and two of robbery.
Mjonondwane said the charges would increase to 10 counts when the kidnapping and rape charges are added to his charge sheet.
During his court appearance on Tuesday, the State revealed preliminary information on his citizenship and residential address in preparation for his bail application.
Also Read – Latest: Baby mamas EXPOSED for trying to kill Zola 7
However, the investigating officer still has to verify the information with the Department of Home Affairs.
Mjonondwane said the State would oppose his bail application.
“The State will be opposing his release on bail, we will advance our reasons in court, but the accused faces charges of a serious nature. And we are duty-bound as the NPA to ensure the protection of our women and children,” she said.
The matter is expected to resume on 15 March.
Also Read –
[…] Also Read – More victims come forward against Bolt driver accused of r@pe […]
[…] Also Read – More victims come forward against Bolt driver accused of r@pe […]